Subject Re: Missing libraries in 2.0.3
Author George Laverick
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> At 01:36 AM 12/11/2007, you wrote:
> >The libfbembed.so.2.0.3 file and irs related links libfbembed.so and
> >libfbembed.so.2 appear to be missing from the
> >FirebirdSS-2.0.3.12981-1.nptl.i686.tar.gz download file (I haven't
> >checked any of the other downloads) The version 2.01 download had the
> >libraries.
>
> If you had libfbembed.so and its symlinks with 2.01 then you must
have been using Classic.

> >This makes it impossible to use the interbase.so extension to PHP.
>
> Superserver doesn't use libfbembed.so and does not support an
embedded model. If you want to implement the embedded model, use
Classic.

> As a reality check you could also inquire on the Firebird-php list
as to whether the interbase.so extension will work with the remote
client (libfbclient.so) with appropriate symlinking. The API is
identical across all firebird client library models...

> ./heLen

Thanks Helen, you are right as usual. I switched from CS to SS and
didn't realize that SS did not use the extension-interbase.so line in
php.ini!