Subject Re: [firebird-support] Error code 335544721
Author Bogusław Brandys
paultugwell wrote:

> The message is Error code 335544721 Unable to complete network
> request to host xxxxxx. Failed to establish a connection. No
> connection could be made because the target machine actively refused
> it.
>
> I copied a program update to a number of users on a particular site,
> and in all cases except, for one PC where this error message
> appeared, the update worked. All of these PC's connect to the same
> server. The update has also been installed on three other sites, with
> no problems. The FB database on the server is obviously working, as
> the other PC's were able to connect and the firewall on the server
> was obviously allowing the connection. Now comes the peculiar part.
> If, on the PC that is causing the problem, I re-install the old
> version of the program, the error message does not appear and the
> program works normally. I have re-installed the FB client on this PC,
> checked the services file and windows firewall, and tried connecting
> with the firewall turned off. In all cases, the original version of
> the program connects, whilst the updated version produces the error
> message. I have also tried connecting to a database on another server
> to which this site has access, with the same results. This particular
> PC is an older, slower PC with windows XP home SP2, whereas the other
> PC are all newer with either XP professional SP2 or Vista. Other than
> this, the setup is identical on all of the PC's. Can anybody help
> please?

It could be many things,but... I would first check if there is AV
software installed there with integrated firewall.It looks like new
executable file is blocked because checksum of file changed.

You would be surprised how much that AV stuff could complicate developer
life :( while users are angry saying that " nothing has changed except
you "crap" software !"

Regards
Boguslaw Brandys