Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Problem when starting the FB service on Win2003
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
Adam wrote:

> LOCAL SYSTEM >= Administrator, so if it is a policy behaviour then it
> will be a global setting.

ok.

> I wonder if this msdn blog may be useful information:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/wndp/archive/2005/08/03/Anthony_Jones.aspx

at least an interesting reading, don't know wich mode FB uses... Never
thougth that if a program has a particular port in use another could
hijack this port, I thougth the second program will get an error trying
to open a port that is already in use :-/

> Could another application/malware be attempting to bind the same port?
> Maybe try Firebird on another port?

Good point, I will look at this.

> Adam

Thanks for your time.