Subject Re: Problem when starting the FB service on Win2003
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Alexandre Benson Smith
<iblist@...> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I am facing a recurrent but not in every time problem when starting the
> FB service on a win2003 server.
>
> It was working ok for some months on that server, then one day the
> server was restarted and in the Firebird.log I found this entry:
>
> METALLOYS-SERVE (Client) Mon Aug 21 10:54:07 2006
> Guardian starting: C:\Arquivos de
> programas\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbserver.exe
>

> METALLOYS-SERVE (Server) Mon Aug 21 10:54:07 2006
> INET/inet_error: bind errno = 10013
>
> METALLOYS-SERVE (Server) Mon Aug 21 10:54:08 2006
> Database:
> Unable to complete network request to host "metalloys-serve".
> Error while listening for an incoming connection.
> Foi feita uma tentativa de acesso a um soquete de uma maneira que é
> proibida pelas permissões de acesso.
>

> METALLOYS-SERVE (Client) Mon Aug 21 11:08:17 2006
> Guardian starting: C:\Arquivos de
> programas\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbserver.exe

> Foi feita uma tentativa de acesso a um soquete de uma maneira que é
> proibida pelas permissões de acesso.
>
> could be translated to something like:
> Was made an attempt to access a socket in a way that is prohibited by
> the access permissions
>
> This lookslike to me somekind of policies problem, but why the server
> starts ok in the next reboot and why it stops again without anything
> changed on the policies ???

This problem is not one I have every faced, but I agree it looks like
a policy problem. Is there a 'feature' to limit the number of
connection attempts per second?

What user is the service installed as, and what sort of rights does it
have? If it is not an admin type user, I wonder if there is now some
sort of socket behaviour in a policy for non administrators.

Unless the UPS was added and immediately you had problems, I do not
understand why that would be considered for such an error.

Adam