Subject Re: [firebird-support] Face Firebird 1.5.3 performance problem with Intel Core 2 + Windows 2003
Author Carsten Schäfer
I have seen similar effects at some customer sites.
I run a large sql script (selects/updates/deletes, create tables, alter
tables), first it runs fine and than processor usage drops down to 1%.
This could take hours (for a script that normally takes only a few
minutes) before it runs at normal speed again.
I think most of the machines are using Win 2003 or Win 2000 Server and
are Multiprocessor or have HT.
But i can remeber one customer that only have a single Xeon Processor
(without HT) (and Win2003 Small Business Edition).
But i don't know a solution. Fortunately i don't have to run this kind
of scripts very often.

mfg
Carsten