Subject Re: [firebird-support] Please help to trouble shoot v2.0 crash
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
Just a few questions to clarify the error:

Does your program work with Firebird 1.5? (if your program works with a
stable release, that increases the chances that this is something that
could be due to Firebird 2.0RC3).

What happens if you reverse the order, i.e. get the generator before you
get the timestamp? (the theory being that maybe it has something to do
with how you call your sql, so that it fails on the second call rather
than a call to a generator - or that it is something in
getexacttimestamp that only 'delays' the failure).

Have you backed up and restored your database and is the error
repeatable on different machines? (just to ascertain that there is no
problem with the file or system).

Also, what does 'bomb' mean? Is it your application that terminates or
Firebird itself?

I know nothing about ODBC drivers, is the ODBC driver supposed to work
with Firebird 2.0? At one point I think generators became BIGINT in
dialect 3 databases (I don't know whether it was in Firebird 1.x or 2.0,
the release notes for Firebird 2.0 doesn't mention it as a new feature -
at least not when searching for 'generator'), and if the ODBC driver
doesn't handle that, that would be a plausible reason.

Set