Subject Re: Blob fields
Author fabiano_bonin
Hi, Christian.

When i need to retrieve many records with blobs, i use a workaround to
reduce roudtrips that works very well, but my blobs are text blobs and
i never tried with binary content. This workaround limits the blob
size to the maximum size of a varchar field, but it seems you don't
use large blobs.

Maybe you should give it try:

select
substring(myblobfield from 1 for 10000) as myvarcharfield
from
mytable

Regards

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Christian Kaufmann