Subject OFF-TOPIC Re: [firebird-support] Re: Reserved Keywords
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:59 AM 16/06/2006, Adam wrote:

>I was certainly not demanding someone write me such a list, just
>checking if there was one that I hadn't found. A colleague got
>himself stuck by trying to use
>
>select fieldname as role
>from blah
>
>I noticed there is a note saying that such a document is in future
>plans if still required after 'Using Firebird'. I am willing to
>assist in compiling the data but am curious as to whether the
>reference to UFB means that someone else has already undertaken the
>task.

Like many tasks in the docs project, people say they will do it but
don't actually get a Round Tuit. The list is not in the UFB
currently; it's in the Firebird Ref Guide, which isn't in the hands
of the Docs project yet. But the FRG list is very-early-Firebird 1.0
so it's probably not a huge amount of use. Easier to use the release notes.

>There are a couple of things to consider, the version of FB a keyword
>is introduced as reserved, the version it actually does something,
>and the version it is released back into the wild. Possibly whether
>it refers to a standard keyword defined in SQL (and year). Would
>there be any need to go back prior to IB6?
>
>It would probably be a table with keywords down the Y axis and a FB
>version along the X. A code could be placed in the cell to determine
>where it is reserved, implemented or released etc.

Sounds good. Would you like to subscribe to firebird-docs and
continue the thread there? It may well be that someone has some
material already in hand that he could pass over to you.

./heLen