Subject Re: Reserved Keywords
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
wrote:

> At 09:28 AM 16/06/2006, you wrote:
> >Hello Group,
> >
> >Is there an online resource of reserved words (keywords) and
> >preferably which version of FB introduces them somewhere?
>
> Not yet, as far as I know. I believe someone was (is?) working on
> such a document in the firebird-docs project.
>

> >The best I have at this stage (apart from Appendix XI in TFB), is
> >combine Langref.pdf (ch4) with the release notes of subsequent
versions.

> That's about all you've got for now. TFB was current for v.1.5.0,
so
> studying the v.1.5.3 and v.2.0 releasenotes with Book In Hand
should
> get you where you need to be. NB, if you decide to make such a
list,
> it will be entirely welcome as a contribution to firebird-docs!
>
> ./heLen

Thanks Helen,

I was certainly not demanding someone write me such a list, just
checking if there was one that I hadn't found. A colleague got
himself stuck by trying to use

select fieldname as role
from blah

I noticed there is a note saying that such a document is in future
plans if still required after 'Using Firebird'. I am willing to
assist in compiling the data but am curious as to whether the
reference to UFB means that someone else has already undertaken the
task.

There are a couple of things to consider, the version of FB a keyword
is introduced as reserved, the version it actually does something,
and the version it is released back into the wild. Possibly whether
it refers to a standard keyword defined in SQL (and year). Would
there be any need to go back prior to IB6?

It would probably be a table with keywords down the Y axis and a FB
version along the X. A code could be placed in the cell to determine
where it is reserved, implemented or released etc.

Adam