Subject Re: [firebird-support] Forcing sweep on particular table
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:09 AM 15/06/2006, you wrote:
>Is there any way to force a sweep on a particular table?

No. But you can force GC on the table by doing a select count(*) on it.

>We have tables we know can get updated up to 100,000 times on a
>single record.

Hopefully not in Autocommit transactions with CommitRetaining "built
in" - the typical Delphi scenario!

>We want to force the OAT and OIT on this particular table to have
>a difference of 0.

If you have multiple users then a diff of 0 is only likely to exist
immediately after a clean sweep or GC while no users are online that
have accessed the table. You want to get to a point where sweep
never has to happen because you are managing transactions well and GC
is keeping up. From your previous posting it appears TM in your
app[s] is a bit chaotic, for one reason or another.

./heLen