Subject Re: Get the number of opened connection
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "m_b_ribeiro"
<m_b_ribeiro@...> wrote:

> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <s3057043@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "m_b_ribeiro"
> > <m_b_ribeiro@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, is there a way to retrieve the number of opened connection in
> > > firebird ? Not for just one client, if is there a client or an API
> > > call to inform that I will be glad.
> >
> > The problem with an API call in the case of classic is which instance
> > of the engine should respond? If you use classic, you could I suppose
> > count the number if fb_inet_server instances (subtract 1 on windows).
> > There may well be a way to do it through an API call in Superserver.
> >
> > Of course, backups etc make database connections, and the counts will
> > include connections to databases that may be of no interest to you, so
> > such a function maintained by the engine would have very limited
> > benefit (It could help with tracing load on a server, but not much
> more).
> >
> > Adam
> >
> Sorry but I am using superserver. In this case there is no such way to
> discover the number of opened connections, is there ?

I know there is a way to get the users logged in. I do not know about
'active connections' (and I am still not sure what you think that
means). You can look at the IB6 API guide.

A better solution is to maintain a count of whatever you are indeed
trying to count in tables that you yourself create, insert, update and
delete from.

Adam