Subject Re: Important and Urgent question in a change in our Server
Author diegodelafuente
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
wrote:

> At 09:26 AM 14/06/2006, you wrote:
>
> >Hello:
> >
> >We will change tonight (in two hours) from a Fb Super Server v1.5
> >a Fb Clasic Server v 1.5.
> >
> >I have a question for this procedure.
> >I will BackUp Fb Dbs, copy these files to a secure location,
> >reinstall Linux with SMS Support on the server(we have a P4 HT
> >procesor, and for now with Super Server we are using the Server
> >without HT enable).
> >Then install in the new Linux SMS the Fb Clasic Server v1.5.
> >And last restore the Dbs.
> >
> >My question is
> >These dbs are used in FB superserver version.
> >Shoud I do something before restore the dbs to the new
arquitecture
> >(Clasic Server).
> >I suppose not, but i didn´t check it.
>
> You will have to attend to the default cache
> buffer size. You can use the -b <nn> switch on
> the restore to do this, where <nn> is the number
> of pages. For a page size of 4 K, a number
> between 75 and 200 would be a reasonable place to
> start. It depends on the RAM available and the
> number of concurrent users. Start low if there
> will be a lot of users or the page size is
> larger. You can adjust it later using gfix if necessary.
>
> ./heLen

Thanks Helen, but i cancelled the installation.
I must collect more information about Clasis Arquitecture.
I'm not sure that it will be our best chice now.
I'm reading then comparation in http://firebird.sourceforge.net/
od the two type of dbs and in this pages I read that Clasic Server
is an old arquitecture closely to be out. And it says that with this
version I have more chances of corruption. Now I´m affraid to use it.
I will test the Clasic Server more before think to change it.

thanks and sorry for my english

Diego