Subject RE: [firebird-support] Important and Urgent question in a change in our Server
Author Nigel Weeks
Backup and restore - you've got the right plan of attack!

But, before you do wipe your machine, restore your backup to a temporary
database on your current machine, just to make sure your backups restore
correctly.

If you've added a field with "ALTER TABLE blah ADD int_number INTEGER NOT
NULL", it'll have nulls in it, and thusly won't restore until you fix
it(replace the nulls with something not null)

Nige.

-----Original Message-----
From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of diegodelafuente
Sent: Wednesday, 14 June 2006 9:27 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Important and Urgent question in a change in
our Server

Hello:

We will change tonight (in two hours) from a Fb Super Server v1.5 to
a Fb Clasic Server v 1.5.

I have a question for this procedure.
I will BackUp Fb Dbs, copy these files to a secure location,
reinstall Linux with SMS Support on the server(we have a P4 HT
procesor, and for now with Super Server we are using the Server
without HT enable).
Then install in the new Linux SMS the Fb Clasic Server v1.5.
And last restore the Dbs.

My question is
These dbs are used in FB superserver version.
Shoud I do something before restore the dbs to the new arquitecture
(Clasic Server).
I suppose not, but i didnĀ“t check it.

Sorry for the hurry, Diego.

http://www.eset.com