Subject Re: Another "connection forcibly closed by the remote host" problem
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Moon" <smoon63@...>
wrote:

> Problem is, the disconnect has been occurring regularly after 60
> minutes. Am I missing your point? Entirely possible - I'm about half
> brain-dead at this point. ;-)

That is the point.

The theory is that 60 minutes is somehow important, and all your
observations support this.

By running this connect and simple query every 20 minutes, you do not
leave the connection idle. If something is timing out after 60 minutes
causing a disconnection, then a 20 minute pulse such as this should
prevent it from occurring. If I had to guess, I would say that you will
have no trouble coming back to DBW after a few hours, because these
connections are tricking the thing that is closing the connection into
believing it is alive.

As I said before, we are running our software on many win2003 installs,
my estimate is 30, although none through VMWare, and none experience
this problem (or none report experiencing it anyway). Whilst I can not
rule out some new feature of the OS, surely this would also affect
other software too.

Adam