Subject Re: [firebird-support] 'Procedure unknown' error on existing procedure
Author Tiago Mikhael Pastorello Freire
On Thursday 21 December 2006 16:06, Milan Babuskov wrote:
> Tiago Mikhael Pastorello Freire wrote:
> > The SQL is pretty simple: 'select * from GET_USER_CONTRACTS('user');'
> >
> > I am getting a 'procedure unknown' error on my query in a php script
>
> Is it on Linux or Windows?
> Which version of PHP and which version of Firebird?
>
> BTW, I just tried to upgrade one of my customers' system from FB1.0 to
> FB2.0. It's and old Mandrake 9.0, so I had to build Firebird from
> source. That went fine. After that, I built PHP extension and reloaded
> apache (I left old Apache and PHP 4.2.3 in place as there are other
> software which depend on it). When I run my test script:
>
> http://fbexport.sourceforge.net/ibtest.php.txt
>
> it crashes when it reaches the "SELECT * FROM PHP_TEST_SP". PHP_TEST_SP
> is a stored procedure, so I guess it is the similar problem.
>
> It looks like I won't be migrating those systems soon - we decided to
> use FB1.5 until we find the reason for this problem.
>
> P.S. Does anyone know a good way to debug PHP extensions on Linux? I
> know how to use gdb, but I have no idea how to force it to dump the
> "core" file when it crashes.

Never mind, it was stupidity on my part. I was overlooking the configuration
file, which was mistakelny pointing to the wrong database. I have a live
database and a development one, and every now and then I sync the websites (I
use svn to track all php development). The thing is I have to change a single
line on my config file to change the DBs and I forgot to do that. After a
while working on the hard problems the really simple ones bite us... :)
BTW it is php 5.1 and FB 1.5. Upgrade to FB 2.0 will happen later and be
carefully planned...