Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Waiting for Vulcan from version 1.5
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
simonbenedicic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You are not alone in waiting on Vulcan :)
> FB2 broke so many applications and tools (IBObjects TDataset ... it
> will take long time to make it stable again) that we will probably
> skip it or wait for 2.1.

No problem here, just backed-up uninstall FB 1.5, install FB 2.0 and
restored the database. Did not change any client. Scheduled to be done
later since I had no problems at all.

Running from day 1 of FB 2.0 on 2 customers.

What I think could led to problems it the stricter rules adopted by FB
2.0 (table alias, not allowed to reference more than once a same column
in Insert/update), these two things are IMHO not a FB 2.0 problem but an
application problem.

see you !

--
Alexandre Benson Smith