Subject Waiting for Vulcan from version 1.5
Author Eduardo A. Salgado
Looking at the Firebird Roadmap, we may wait until Vulcan (late next
year) to consider changing our servers from version 1.5.x.

In the mean time, we have over 120 locations most of them with version of the server running. What would be the best way to
update them all to 1.5.4 (as the last version 1.5) for the next year
or so and get the stability and bug fixes of the latest builds?

Would simply stopping the services and copying the new files over the
old files be sufficient? Or do we have to run uninstall at each
location and then install the newer 1.5.4 distribution?

Any experience with this? Comments?