Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: Issue: deadlock with Firebird and Delphi. ref/eDN7002040583
Author Dennis
Yes, I know the relation of data aware components and firebird via dynamic
sql scripts, I did commit after each post. I solve this issue implementing
the loop using a rollback.

Thank you, Dennis

_____

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Adam
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:01 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Re: Issue: deadlock with Firebird and Delphi.
ref/eDN7002040583

--- In firebird-support@ <mailto:firebird-support%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <dennis@...> wrote:

> Dear Ivan
>

> The post is you know, the dataset.post.

Dennis,

In Firebird, there is no such concept. If you are using some data
aware componentset, these components will automatically convert
actions made against the dataset into the appropriate
insert/update/delete statement(s).

In addition, Firebird requires each query to be run inside a
transaction, which means transactions must be explicitly started and
committed. Again, your dataset.post may be doing some sort of autocommit.

Adam