Subject Re: [firebird-support] Corruption in Firebird Classic 1.5.3.4870
Author jason palmer
Windows is rather bad, if using a windows server I advise you restart at least once a week.

----- Original Message ----
From: Milan Babuskov <milanb@...>
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 1 December, 2006 10:22:16 PM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Corruption in Firebird Classic 1.5.3.4870

jason palmer wrote:
> no, trust me on this one, large databases are not stable, unless your using a very
> expensive database system

Any real data to support this bold statement?

Or, you're just speculating that "expensive is good, cheap is bad"?

I'd bet the problem is rather in Windows or some of other software
running on the machine (like virus scanners and stuff).

BTW, is Classic 1.5 on Windows considered stable?

--
Milan Babuskov
http://swoes. blogspot. com/