Subject Re: [firebird-support] Delays up to 24hrs
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
Helen Borrie wrote:
>> My last post took more than 24 hours. How boring to read an answer to
>> a question that is already answered by someone else since 23.5 hours ...
>
> Shouldn't last. They have been putting up the new servers at
> yahoogroups this week. Four of our lists seem to have been affected
> during the reshuffle. This is one of them.

I have been experiencing delays for the last couple of months,
admittedly only in rare cases 24 hours or more (once or twice I even got
a reply after a few days that it couldn't be delivered at all), normally
it has been taking a couple of hours. Moreover, one email may appear
instantaneously (instantaneous as in 'less than 20 minutes'), whereas
another mail sent minutes earlier, may come half a day later. What
puzzles me, is that not everybody seem to have this delay (though I'm
speaking of the last months, I don't know about the last week in
particular).

I really hope yahoogroups do make the lists more responsive or at least
make the delays predictable.

Set