Subject Re: Delays up to 24hrs
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Hans <hhoogstraat@...> wrote:

> For the amount of traffic I see coming through (FireBird+IBO), it
looks like
> a box with a 286 CPU or higher
> running Linux would be more than sufficient.

Hans,

You only see the upload load (based on the number of posts per day).
You do not see the number of views nor do you see the number of RSS
requests or any spam filtering etc. There would have to be a good
email list / web interface sort of backend that would support Firebird
(and I have never needed to know if such exists or can be easily ported).

There is also the question of bandwidth and maintenance that Doug
pointed out.

Adam