Subject Re: Application failing on customer's machine
Author Steve Harp
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:
> At 01:48 AM 15/08/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I have an application that works fine on my machine but fails on the
> >customer's machine with the following error during the Prepare method
> >call of a TIB_DSql component.
> >
> >************************************
> >* SQL Error: 08/14/2005 08:22 PM *
> >************************************
> >Error Code: 335544569
> >Error Message:
> >ISC ERROR CODE:335544569
> >
> >ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
> >Dynamic SQL Error
> >parameter mismatch for procedure SPUPDATECABINET
> >
> >STATEMENT:
> >TIB_DSQL: "<TApplication>.DM.spUpdateCabinet."
> >
> >Error Codes:
> >335544569
> >1
> >335544512
> >SQL Code: -902
> >SQL Message:
> >SQL ERROR CODE:-902
> >
> >SQL ERROR MESSAGE:
> >Unsuccessful execution caused by a system error that
> >precludes
> >successful execution of subsequent statements
> >SQL:
> >execute procedure spUpdateCabinet(? /* pID */ ,
> > ? /* pName */ ,
> > ? /* pWidth */ ,
> > ? /* pHeight */ ,
> > ? /* pDepth */ ,
> > ? /* pCubeWTFactor */ ,
> > ? /* pCubeWT2 */ ,
> > ? /* pDoorSF */ ,
> > ? /* pDrawerSF */ ,
> > ? /* pSidesSF */ ,
> > ? /* pShelveSF */ ,
> > ? /* pTopBottomSF */ ,
> > ? /* pFrontEdgeLF */ ,
> > ? /* pDoorEdgeLF */ ,
> > ? /* pDrawerEdgeLF */ ,
> > ? /* pSupportRailCnt */ ,
> > ? /* pShelfClipCnt */ ,
> > ? /* pBack */ ,
> > ? /* pDoorCnt */ ,
> > ? /* pShelveCnt */ ,
> > ? /* pDrawerCnt */ ,
> > ? /* pHingeCnt */ ,
> > ? /* pBumperCnt */ ,
> > ? /* pDrawerSlideCnt */ ,
> > ? /* pDelete */ );
> >
> >*********************************************
> >
> >The Customer and I are both running the same version of Firebird
> >(1.5.2.4731). I've replaced the application and database (fdb) file
> >several times and nothing works. I've also done a search on the
> >customer's machine and made sure that no other copies of the
> >application or database exist.
> >
> >What have I missed?
>
> Is it possible that the customer's version of the application was
compiled
> with an IBO version 4.2Xx or lower, while yours uses a newer IBO
version (
> 4.3A or higher) ?
>
> Alternatively, if both versions of the app used the old IBO version,
do you
> have OldParameterOrdering set true on your server, whereas on the
> customer's server it is not?

> [...]

We're both running the same executable and database. I'm using v4.3Aa
of IBO and the OldParameterOrdering value is commented out in the
Firebird.conf on both machines.

I know that this machine previously had Interbase v7.1 installed.
This has been uninstalled and Firebird has been reinstalled since. Is
it possible the previous Interbase installation is still causing a
problem? If so, what do I look for?

Seve