Subject Re: [firebird-support] Does Firebird offer any priority support?
Author David Johnson
300Mb is, for all intents and purposes, an empty database. Now if it
were 300Gb ...

Like Nick says, take a snapshot with gbak and run you nasty queries
against the copy. That's how we handle this situation on a multi-
terabyte real-time database.

It's a common practice to separate your operations database from your
ad-hoc reporting database - ad-hoc queries are typically concerned with
the high level "as-of" questions, not the moment to moment decision
making, so being a few hours out of date is not a big deal.

Also, check your queries. I would be very suspicious of a query taking
30 minutes when there is so little data involved. Some creative
indexing may be all that you need.