Subject Re: [firebird-support] Application failing on customer's machine
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:48 AM 15/08/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I have an application that works fine on my machine but fails on the
>customer's machine with the following error during the Prepare method
>call of a TIB_DSql component.
>
>************************************
>* SQL Error: 08/14/2005 08:22 PM *
>************************************
>Error Code: 335544569
>Error Message:
>ISC ERROR CODE:335544569
>
>ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
>Dynamic SQL Error
>parameter mismatch for procedure SPUPDATECABINET
>
>STATEMENT:
>TIB_DSQL: "<TApplication>.DM.spUpdateCabinet."
>
>Error Codes:
>335544569
>1
>335544512
>SQL Code: -902
>SQL Message:
>SQL ERROR CODE:-902
>
>SQL ERROR MESSAGE:
>Unsuccessful execution caused by a system error that
>precludes
>successful execution of subsequent statements
>SQL:
>execute procedure spUpdateCabinet(? /* pID */ ,
> ? /* pName */ ,
> ? /* pWidth */ ,
> ? /* pHeight */ ,
> ? /* pDepth */ ,
> ? /* pCubeWTFactor */ ,
> ? /* pCubeWT2 */ ,
> ? /* pDoorSF */ ,
> ? /* pDrawerSF */ ,
> ? /* pSidesSF */ ,
> ? /* pShelveSF */ ,
> ? /* pTopBottomSF */ ,
> ? /* pFrontEdgeLF */ ,
> ? /* pDoorEdgeLF */ ,
> ? /* pDrawerEdgeLF */ ,
> ? /* pSupportRailCnt */ ,
> ? /* pShelfClipCnt */ ,
> ? /* pBack */ ,
> ? /* pDoorCnt */ ,
> ? /* pShelveCnt */ ,
> ? /* pDrawerCnt */ ,
> ? /* pHingeCnt */ ,
> ? /* pBumperCnt */ ,
> ? /* pDrawerSlideCnt */ ,
> ? /* pDelete */ );

>The Customer and I are both running the same version of Firebird
>(1.5.2.4731). I've replaced the application and database (fdb) file
>several times and nothing works. I've also done a search on the
>customer's machine and made sure that no other copies of the
>application or database exist.
>
>What have I missed?

Is it possible that the customer's version of the application was compiled
with an IBO version 4.2Xx or lower, while yours uses a newer IBO version (
4.3A or higher) ?

Alternatively, if both versions of the app used the old IBO version, do you
have OldParameterOrdering set true on your server, whereas on the
customer's server it is not?

For parameter ordering to be treated properly in Fb 1.5 you need either a
version of IBO that is aware that the old parameter ordering bug was fixed
in Fb 1.5, or you need to set the kludgy OldParameterOrdering configuration
to 1 in firebird.conf and uncomment the default. Stop and restart the
server afterwards.

./heLen