Subject Re: [firebird-support] Is it safe to backup a database from another firebird server?
Author David Johnson
On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 19:42 +0000, Juan Jose Ochoa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know two simultaneous engines can mess up a database. But, one READ-
> WRITE (On Production) and the other only doing frequent backups?

What you want is called RAID.

Lacking RAID, I believe that shadowing is an option in Firebird. You
will need to read Helen's book.

You do NOT want two engines competing for the same file, and the folks
maintaining Firebird have thoughtfully made it as nearly impossible as
they could to do this, probably because it caused so much grief.

> Also...
>
> Is it safe to run Northon Antivirus on a live firebird database?

Why would you run NAV on a database? Are you keeping code in the
database?