Subject Re: [firebird-support] Functions/UDF's/Reserved Words in FB & IB6
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:45 AM 4/08/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Is there an udated list on what functions/reserved words are available
>in FB?
>Trying to find this information is proving frustrating.
>For instance, the IB 6 'Language Reference' manual uses the
>function 'Now' to insert a date into field ('NEW/OLD' context
>variables) - but there is no mention of 'Now' in the sql functions,
>keywords or UDF information in the IB 6 manuals as far as I can see.

They're none of those things. They are pre-defined date literals. You can
read about them in the EmbedSQL.pdf volume of the IB 6 beta docs. Tip -
there's a lot of essential stuff in that volume that is not confined to
Embedded SQL and is not documented anywhere else.

As for reserved words - the latest list of reserved words applicable to
your version of Firebird will be found in the release notes for that version.

./heLen