Subject Re: unavailable database
Author gnajar
Hi,

I have the same problem; in my case I tried to open a GDB file I
created using FBird v1.0 under Windows 2000 Pro. Now that I have
Windows XP Pro, I downloaded FB from the link "25th December 2004
Official Windows Setup and Installer For Classic and SuperServer
V1.5.2 (.exe) (4.0mb) ", and when I want to connect to a couple of GDB
files from IBExpert and Delphi v6 UP2 (with InterXpress for Firebird)
I get:

Attempting to connect to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Guillermo Najar\Mis
documentos\GNsis\Cursos\Curso ITESO\Especificaciones SI I\Sistema\ST.GDB

Connecting... Failed!
------------------------------------
Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource.
unavailable database.

Attempting to connect to services manager... Failed!
------------------------------------

Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource.
Cannot attach to services manager.

Disconnecting from database... Passed!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Guillermo

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:
> At 09:05 PM 21/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>

> >Hi All,
> >
> >I had FB v 1.5.1.4481 working on my system (XP Pro) very well. I
> >uninstall this version and tried to upgrade to v 1.5.2.4731 and
> >started getting "unavailble database" error messages from all my
> >applications and from IBExpert. I tried everything I could think of
> >and no luck, so I uninstalled 4731 and reinstalled 4481. Now, I'm
> >still getting the same "unavailable database" error message. Could
> >someone please tell me what I've screwed up?
>
> Assuming you have the server running....
>
> Did you save your aliases.conf and firebird.conf and recopy them
into your
> new installation? (Possibly you previously configured RootDirectory
and/or
> DatabaseAccess...)
>
> Did you perhaps install Classic where previously you installed
> Superserver? You won't be able to do a "path-only" connect to
Classic -