Subject Re: [firebird-support] unavailable database
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:05 PM 21/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I had FB v 1.5.1.4481 working on my system (XP Pro) very well. I
>uninstall this version and tried to upgrade to v 1.5.2.4731 and
>started getting "unavailble database" error messages from all my
>applications and from IBExpert. I tried everything I could think of
>and no luck, so I uninstalled 4731 and reinstalled 4481. Now, I'm
>still getting the same "unavailable database" error message. Could
>someone please tell me what I've screwed up?

Assuming you have the server running....

Did you save your aliases.conf and firebird.conf and recopy them into your
new installation? (Possibly you previously configured RootDirectory and/or
DatabaseAccess...)

Did you perhaps install Classic where previously you installed
Superserver? You won't be able to do a "path-only" connect to Classic -
you need the TCP/IP server in the string.

./heLen