Subject Re: [firebird-support] Windows O/S Config for 50-user system
Author Dariusz Zelichowski
Even though you specifically said that you don't know
Linux, I don't think that should stop you from considering
it for your client. The user guides available for free from
FirebirdSQl are very good, and so is the Firebird book
available from ibphoenix.com. You don't really need all
that much experience to set up and run a dedicated
Linux/Firebird box.

The installation of any of the major distros is easy, so is
the installation of Firebird on Linux. Once you get that
going you can administer the databases from a Windows
client.

I may sound cheap but I would have much better ideas about
what to do with 50 Windows CALs worth of money. If I didn't
feel comfortable with setting up a Linux/Firebird box
myself, I am sure I could get a paid professional to get me
through the initial tasks, and still save some money. I am
not self-advertising here, so check IBPhoenix site. They
can certainly help you out. I'm sure others who subscribe
to this list could too, especially those who regularly
contribute to the development of Firebird for a living.

Again, once your server is set up then the rest is just
like you have been doing it using Delphi (I checked your
website).

Whatever you decide - good luck.