Subject Re: [firebird-support] AMD64
Author Lester Caine
Claus Heeg wrote:
> Dear Leister,
> we had similar problems with Suse 9.1 - check 9.2!- this showed more
> stability and it is far better ! :-)
> Or stay with 8.1. We run a database server FB at an AMD 3700 cpu box
> and SATA disks under Suse 8.1 and FB1.03 ---> rock solid !!!

Thanks
I'm making progress now - on 9.1 - and even have Eclipse running with
CVS to the PHP and Firebird source :)

I think the problem was actually the motherboard BIOS, the version
supplied is no longer listed on the gigabyte website and having changed
it, the machine has been up for two days now.

I've been playing with a few things, and downloaded a lot of stuff. One
of which is the 9.2 installer, so I will probably wipe the disk
tomorrow, and try my notes out against a clean 9.2 install ;)

--
Lester Caine