Subject Re: [firebird-support] Help! Application runs fine with FB Embeddedon two XP systems but not Third
Author Chuck Belanger
Hello, Lester:

The CD-RW(read-write) doesn't do this, i.e. make the files read only. Only
CD-R make the copied files read only.

In any case, what I was trying to say is that I'm actually running the app
directly from the CD-RW, to keep everything the same from one system to
another and there is something about this particular XP-Home edition set up
(it came pre configured from Fry's) that doesn't seem to allow FB to run from
my app. The app on the CD-RW runs fine otherwise on the other two computers
from the actual CD.

BTW, all XP versions are SP1.

Right now, I'm wondering if it would be worth the trouble to reformat the HD
of the cheapo computer and install XP Pro on it.

Or, is there some setting that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Chuck Belanger