Subject Re: [firebird-support] Help! Application runs fine with FB Embeddedon two XP systems but not Third
Author Chuck Belanger
Hello, Artur and Helen:

Thanks for the reply.

After both of your replies I really thought the problem would have been the
absence of the MSVCRT.DLL and MSVCP60.DLL. It was something I forgot to
check. No luck.

It took a couple of days for my wife to bring back her office system for me
to check.

There are both files in her Windows/System32 directory, dated about 8/2002
(which are later than the ones on my system).

I use a firebird.conf which points to my data in the <<App>>/Data directory.

I have successfully deployed FB embedded with either fbclient.dll or renamed
as gds32.dll in the same directory of my app. I tried putting gds32.dll in
the system32 directory, still no luck. BTW, IBO has no problem with
gds32.dll being in the same directory as the app.

It still seems to be a database recognition thing, but I don't have a clue
what's wrong. Any further suggestions?
(Like I said it works just fine off a read-write CD for two out of the 3
systems. )

BTW, I didn't intend to throw in a red herring about the FB Guardian. I was
just saying that in my test on my development system, I turned off access to
the full FB so that it would be forced to use the fbclient.dll.

Helen, I'm not sure what you mean by having my full FB application point to
the localhost server (TCP/IP local loopback) and not to the IPServer. I've
never did anything special about this, since the app is essentially a
non-networked, desktop system. Where do I look to make these changes and why
bother?

Thanks again, please consider other possible reasons for the problem, ok?

Chuck Belanger