Subject Problem using rfunc - firebird 1.5.1
Author Edson T. Marques

Iam a beginner programer using UDFs. I did not use it before.
But I work in Brazil and here the data are formated in Win1252, so I
downloaded the rfunc source code, correct it to Win1252 and buit it using
CBorland5.5 for dll and gcc in linux SuSE 9.1.

The "dll" works fine but the "so" ( that I put on server
(/opt/firebird/UDF) not works.
When I tryed to use I received the message:

"Unsuccessful execution caused by a system error that precludes
successful execution of subsequent statements.
Access to UDF library "" is denied by server administrator."

Then, I made a research in google and discovered that necessary to make some
changes in the archive "opt/firebird/firebird.conf". I verified the variable
"UDFAccess" and it was ok:

#UdfAccess = Restrict UDF

thus I uncomment it (removed '#'), stop/start the server and tried again: No
changes. Then, I chavege the value of "RootDirectory" variable for
"/opt/firebird", stop/start the server and I tried again: still the same
thing. Thus I changed the value of "UDFAccess" for Full, stop/start the
server and I tried again, then received the message:

"Invalid token.
invalid request BLR at offset 56.
function UPPERCASE is not defined.
module name or entrypoint could not be found."

Well, after this I tried to change the name of "" for only "rfunc",
for "" etc. and nothing.

Now, when I already am almost giving up everything. I need some aid.

1) UPPERCASE is the alias I give to the fn_rupper into my database.
2) I use firebird 1.5.1 (final release of july)
3) My linux is SuSE 9.1 alredy patched to the end.
4) I execute the tests (sql comands) from a Cliente WinXP with firebird
1.5.1 instaled, through the IBExpert Personal Version program.
5) I modified the makefile of rfunc on "GDS_NAME" to "fbclient" and the
othes necessary changes.

I am immensely grateful.
I am thankful since already.

Edson T. Marques