Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Connection invalid error
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:31 PM 12/07/2004 +0000, you wrote:

>Helen,
>
>I haven't tested this yet, but I am certain this is it. It looks like
>IBO defaults to local pipes as a protocol, and I see that in the
>middle tier framework that this is not changed. I'll see how I can fix
>this (middle tier is 3rd party code, and I don't want to alter it),
>but I'm sure that this will work.

As an inveterate IBO user I can *assure* you that IBO does not default to
named pipes. It *does* default to the "local" connect, otherwise known as
IPServer, if you don't provide the Server and Protocol properties to the
connection object.

No 3rd party middle tier worth its salt should be using IPServer to connect
to the database. If you don't have the source, and you can't configure it
yourself, you should ask the vendor to recompile it with a local loopback
connection.

Helen