Subject Re: Connection invalid error
Author krelwyn
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:

> This error comes from the Windows named pipes network. Is the magic
number
> 10 connections? I suspect the thing you need to observe is whether
you are
> attempting to exceed the XP Pro limit of 10 active peer connections
to your
> application tier. The OS is barfing whenever the 11th client tries
> connect to the application.

Helen,

I haven't tested this yet, but I am certain this is it. It looks like
IBO defaults to local pipes as a protocol, and I see that in the
middle tier framework that this is not changed. I'll see how I can fix
this (middle tier is 3rd party code, and I don't want to alter it),
but I'm sure that this will work.

Thanks!

Jason