Subject Re: [firebird-support] security.fdb
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:54 PM 11/07/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Im currently migrating a database from interbase 6.0 to firebird 1.5.
>I have two questions.
>
>First, is it posible to run firebird 1.5 ona redhat linux 7.3?

No.

>Anyway im considering upgrading it to RH9.

When you do, study the release notes regarding the issue of the NPTL thread
library in RH 9; or, better, look for a Firebird 1.5.1 NPTL version, which
should be released very soon, i.e. sometime this week.

>Second, the client application I used, installed on a lot of
>computers, local and remote look for the users in the interbase user
>database. Since FB 1.5 the database is security.fdb. Now the problem
>is that I have to go to every client computer and change the isc4.gdb
>lookup (database conections control panel) for security.fdb. Is there
>a way where i can tell firebird to look for security in the old file
>instead of security.fdb?

No. But you don't have to go to every client computer, only the
server. Clients don't use the security database. For now, you can rename
isc4.gdb to security.fdb, but this is only a temporary reprieve. In
future, Firebird will do security differently.

/heLen