Subject RE: [firebird-support] power outages
Author Brenden Walker
<snip>
> >That shouldn't leave the db in a bad state - the transaction
> which was
> >running at the time of the 3 finger salute is just never
> committed. If
> >you have had coruption from this vefore, then I would have to be
> >suspicious of other things. Alan
> >

> Well, possibly... But I am fairly sure that this is what caused it
> (there really were no other factors). Perhaps it was just a
> bit of bad
> luck. However, personnaly, I would expect it to be corrupted. What if
> it's in the middle of writing a record to disk, and it
> suddenly gets cut
> of, with only part of the record written? Wouldn't that cause
> it to get
> corrupted? (On the other hand, you might be right, as I can't

I've never done this with Firebird, but a while back I had IB5.6 hammering
records into a database (with another process reading and writing stuff
back) pretty much as fast as IB could do it. I would then pull the power
plug on my PC. I did this at least 10 times with absolutely no corruption.
If, however, I turned off forced writes it would corrupt every time.

As always, your mileage may vary.