Subject Re: [firebird-support] RE: SCRIPT ERROR
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:26 PM 31/03/2004 +0200, you wrote:
> > >Yes it's in ISQL. Problem is there are many commands in that script for
> > >other tasks, so in case the table exists already, would the whole
> script fail ?
> >
> > It would fail at that point; but, if it had previously done some other
> DDL
> > with SET AUTODDL ON, or with COMMIT statements, then that previous DDL
> > would have been done.
>
>Are not you saying that script stops executing (i.e. rest of the script
>is ignored)
>when there is error, do you ?

Ummm....how do I answer this question? :-)

I am saying that the script does stop executing (fails) at the point of the
error. If autoddl is on or commits were called on previous statements, the
previous statements would "stick"; but the failed statement and all after
it would not be executed, i.e. the script stops executing. (I hope there
are no single-double-triple negatives in that paragraph. <g>)

/hb