Subject Re: [firebird-support] internal gds software consistency check (cannot find record back version (291))
Author Dimitry Sibiryakov
On 30 Mar 2004 at 12:23, csipm91 wrote:

>The database on win98 began to get crashed in 2 month ago with.
>It happens every week :-(((
>BAZA (Server) Mon Mar 29 15:34:44 2004
> Database: C:\INFSYS\DATABASE\BPBASE.GDB
> internal gds software consistency check (cannot find record back
>version (291))
>error message
>I investigated, read in the internet. Nothing found.

I hope you set Forced Writes for the database ON?..

>I try to stop and start the client application. When it tries to
>connect to the database, an "File used by another process..." error
>occurs. IBConsole->Server->Properties tells that there are no
>attacments to the server. But the file is opened????

Well know old issue. If one connection set DB path as C:\dir\db.gdb
and other as C:db.gdb, these files are considered different. And
before some version of FB (0.9.4 IIRC) this was an usual (and common)
way to corrupt database.

>Anyone can help?

Check FW setting and connection strings for all applications,
including replication server.

SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.