Subject Re: [firebird-support] firebird 1.5 + darwin/osx
Author John Bellardo
Julien,

http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&page=ibp_ss_vs_classic

> else for now, there is no aqua app for firebird ?

I have a couple, but they are not publicly available.

> so for example, i
> could want put firebird lib in /opt/local/lib (/opt/local is
> darwinports
> prefix and i would prefer avoid install outside)

So long as DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH is updated there shouldn't be any
problems. You could also install symlinks to make the Framework & more
traditional style unix linking both work.

> [...]
>> Making a non .pkg installer is rather trivial using the existing
>> scripts. All it would have to do is:
>>
>> 0. call pre-install/pre-upgrade script with correct parameters 1.
> src/install/arch-specific/darwin/preinstall-script ?
> src/install/arch-specific/darwin/install-script ?

Yes, and you need to create the resources directory with the expected
items (see src/install/arch-specific/darwin/Makefile.in).

>> untar/unpax files to destination 2. untar resources directory to a
>> temporary folder 3. call post-install/port-upgrade script with
>> correct parameters
> which files ?
>
> is there a way to select freebsd/linux arch for creation of install
> script ?

No.

-John