Subject Re: [firebird-support] disconnect is slow
Author Lauri Zoova
Helen Borrie wrote:

> Committing and rolling back transactions is part of what happens in the
> client clean-up before disconnect. All of the unfetched rows waiting in
> server's row cache must be fetched across to the client before the
> transaction can be committed or rolled back.

What? That's nuts!
Will this be "fixed" for v2? I sure hope so.

This is not a big problem for local networks (tough i had noticed that
closing the client takes a while sometimes, i had no idea why). But when
clients connect over internet, then closing could potentially take ages
because of this.

I take that there is no workaround? And selecting zero rows from a table
prior to disconnect would not help?

--
BR,
Lauri