Subject Re: [firebird-support] disconnect is slow
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:40 AM 20/03/2004 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have 4 IBDatabases connected to different database file. When I want
>to disconnected them all one by one immediately, some of it will
>disconnect fast, but some will take a few seconds to disconnect. Why?

It's quite normal in apps that fetch large output sets. It is typical to
see this kind of slow disconnection when you use Borland dataset
components, especially TTable and descendants. Unrestricted sets queried
from large tables will also have a noticeable impact on close-down time.

Committing and rolling back transactions is part of what happens in the
client clean-up before disconnect. All of the unfetched rows waiting in
server's row cache must be fetched across to the client before the
transaction can be committed or rolled back.

/hb