Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Linux Fedora Remote Connection Failure
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:16 AM 16/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:

>I wonder if there is some basic setting wrong somewhere in the Fedora
>net working set up???

Did you say that you could ping the Fedora server from the Win machine?

Other thoughts - is port 3050 firewalled?

Are you actually using a Firebird 1.5 client on the Win machine, or are you
using these old tools with an old gds32.dll?

As for Fedora, I'm not using it. But the default RedHat installations
always wanted you to install DHCP by default. However, I've never had any
success with any of my Linux boxes in the LAN with Windows if I didn't bind
each box to a single IP address.

/heLen