Subject RE: [firebird-support] RE: At my wits end
Author Epstein, Ed
The c++ programmers are not going directly to the API. They are using IBX
components to acheive that speed. I received some test programs written to
make calls directly to the API. I contracted that out on Rentacoder.com.
That did not turn out to have any performance increase at all. It still
might be the server, since the 6K-7K did not occur on any of my servers. It
occured on theirs. However, theirs is running on systems with less
performance than mine. I have the fastest system in the whole building
getting the slowest results. Thats why I am inclined to beleive that its
me. I am redoing the OS on that system and installing Firebird 1.5RC5 as
suggested and am going to pull all the tests over again.

Edwin Epstein
> Continuity Partners Inc.
> 2753 S. Highland Dr.
> Suite 1010
> Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
> (702) 851-7850 Ext. 247
> eepstein@...

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer.