Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FB install questions.
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:43 AM 13/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Thanks again Helen:
>
> One of my biggest problems is not understanding
>how to search this Yahoo group like I can search
>usenet newsgroup archives with Google. I'm sure
>you don't want to answer the same question over and
>over again.

Aren't you reading/posting from the news mirror? Surely this is just a
question of using a news client with search capability.

> If I'm going client server, I decided to go with
>the server on my Solaris PC or Linux PC.
>
> I usually try to install utilities from source,
>but I decided to install from the binaries. The
>Solaris X86 binary on Firebird's site is an old
>build of 1.0.0, but I just need to get something
>going.

Sorry, you're talking to the wrong person about a platform build and almost
certainly in the wrong place for a Solaris build. For this particular
(new) thread you might get some advice from the build maintainer if you
post a question on firebird-devel.

/hb