Subject Re: [firebird-support] Right clic on trayIcon of FbGuard
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:42 AM 12/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying FB 1.5 Classic server on XP Pro.
>
>I launch FbGuard and in the task I see FbGuard.Exe and
>Fb_Inet_Server.exe... all is OK...
>I clic right button on the FbGuard and 3 items menu appears :
>
> - Firebird properties...
> - Shutdown
> - Properties
>
> - Properties : Works fine, like with FB 1.03
> - Firebird properties... : Do nothing
> - Shutdown : Do Nothing
>
>Please, Could you tell me why ?
>
>PS : I hope you understand all I said, English is not my natural
>language... :o)

Because in Classic there is nothing to shut down. Each connection has its
own instance of the server. When the client disconnects from the server,
that server instance shuts down. If no client is connected, there is no
server. (In fact there is a little network utility program in background
that is listening for connection requests, but it is not a database server).

/heLen