Subject Re: slow backup (fb 1.5 classic on linux)
Author Aage Johansen
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 13:54:29 +0000 (UTC), ggroper wrote:

> The MS Sql server data and the Firebird database were both pumped from
> MS Access. The both have the same tables and data.

I guessed that - but couldn't resist.

> I ran gfix and saw all kinds of corruption on the firebird database,
> so I'm deleting the firebird database and will start over from scratch.

If the corruptions can be recreated (on Fb/1.5/final), it would be nice to
have a description of it on the "devel" NG.
My experience with some of the RC versions (of Fb/1.5) has been that it is
faster than 1.0 - both on backup and restore. Of course, this has been on
non-corrupted databases.

Regards,
Aage J.