Subject Re: [firebird-support] Using the IBX Components
Author Eddie Bush
Thomas

I think I have dealt with all of that prior to now, but I will certainly check it again! :-) I was impressed that it just worked together at all, but after I saw some compatability I got greedy ;-) Judging by your comments, I'm going to say my inability to backup is my fault and not IBX/FB - that's what I mainly wanted.

D7 Pro / IBX
FB 1.5 (nice work btw :-)

I'll check and see what I forgot to do - thanks again!

Eddie
----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas von Stetten
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 6:35 AM
Subject: AW: [firebird-support] Using the IBX Components

Eddie,

>Is anyone out there aware what level of compatability exists between
>IBX and Firebird? I tried several of the components successfully but
>have been unable to get the backup component to work.
>
>I am aware of IBO. Jason has done a fine job with that suite, but my
>client would prefer I use the Borland components.

what version of Firebird are you using? Normally the problem with the backup
service (all services) is caused by the versionstring of the gds32.dll (The
Version has to be greater than 6.x) but the final and some (all?) of the
RC's have V1.5. So you need a special version of the gds32.dll. After
installing FB1.5 you got instclient.exe located in the bin directory.
Execute that tool: "instclient i g" and - have a look at the release-notes
where you can find a lot of interesting news ;-).

Thomas

---