Subject Re: [firebird-support] Fb/1.5 + Win2k/SP4
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Thursday 04 March 2004 18:11, Lester Caine wrote:

Hi,

> The reported problem was with W2k and SP4 - everything was
> fine with SP3. Microsoft changed some key API's, for
> security reasons, and screwed up a how raft of third party
> applications!

We have a (non FB) system where the 'server' calls 'clients' via TCP/IP in a
way similar to how events work in FB. W2KSP4 'broke' our apps in some, but
not all, cases, SP3 works fine, so does all XP versions, so we just put it
down to a bad service pack and recommended people don't install it.

Phil

--
Discover a lost art - play Marbles
May 2004