Subject Re: Strange database corruption
Author Alexander V.Nevsky
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Rodrigo Gonçalves
<rglistas@f...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in one of our clients (he was using Interbase 6) there was a
database
> corruption which made the database "turn back" to the state it was
three
> days ago - records created, excluded, changed during the three days
just
> disappeared.
>
> The database itself is working normally, no problems to access,
delete
> ou insert data.
>
> But when we run gfix, there is a big quantity of corrupted
registries in
> one of the main tables, which holds patients records. After a
> backup/restore, the corruptions are gone but the data is from three
days
> ago, as I stated earlier.

Rogrigo, this is typical IB6 corruption caused by different
connection strings on different clients - server don't understand this
is the same database. It was fixed in FB even before 1.0 release.

> Losing part of the data is understandable, but all data including
from
> tables not being changed at the problem's moment is strange, very
strange...

This 'moment' had duration for 3 days. Nothing strange for this old
horse IB6.

Best regards,
Alexander.